- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, indicator and reagent bottles, and calibrated syringe.
- High resolution
- Readings from 0 to 100 mg/L are determined to 1 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 500 mg/L are determined to 5 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3820-100 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit. This replacement reagent set comes with a 10mL dropper bottle of dechlorinating reagent, a 10mL dropper bottle of the bromophenol blue indicator, a 10mL dropper bottle of phenolphthalein indicator, and a 120mL bottle of HI3820-0 reagent.
Significance of Use
Acidity is the quantitative capacity of a water sample to neutralize a base to a predetermined pH value. Therefore, the greater acidity, the more potentially corrosive the water. Acidity can be caused by mineral acids, organic acids, and carbon dioxide in the form of carbonic acid. Today, our water supplies are becoming more contaminated with corrosive chemicals from industrial dumping and ever-growing amounts of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Acidity measurements are an essential monitoring device to define and control pollution in sewers, lakes, and rivers. Acidity of water is equally important to monitor in soils and fish farming to ensure an adequate growing environment.