- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, indicator and reagent solutions, and calibrated syringe.
- High resolution
- Readings from 0 to 100 mg/L are determined to 1 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 1000 mg/L are determined to 10 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3815-100 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit. This reagent set comes with 1 (15mL) dropper bottle of diphenylcarbazone indicator, 1 (30mL) dropper bottle of nitric acid solution, 1 (120mL) bottle of HI3815-0 mercuric nitrate solution.
Significance of Use
Chloride ions are one of the major inorganic anions in water and wastewater. Although high concentrations of chloride in water are not known to be toxic to humans, its regulation is mainly due to taste. It is essential to monitor chloride concentration in boiler systems to prevent damage of metal parts. In high levels, chloride can corrode stainless steel and be toxic to plant life.